Beef Mince Surprise
This is a quick and easy meal only taking 5 - 8 minutes to prepare
- 500g Mince Extra Lean
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- 12 baby bocconcini
- 6 bacon strips
Cooks in: 30 mins including prep time.
- Preheat fan forced* oven to 180°C.
- Combine beef, parsley and crumbs. Divide into 6 portions.
- Roll each portion into a large flat rectangle. Place 2 bocconcini in centre of beef and roll to totally enclose bocconcini.
- Roll into small loaf shape. Wrap one strip of bacon around centre of loaf.
- Bake Beef Surprise on baking tray lined with baking paper for 25 - 30 minutes until bacon is crisp and beef is cooked through.
Recipe note: *if using a conventional oven, you may need to increase temperature or allow additional cooking time.
Serve with crisp green salad.