- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add pork mince and garlic. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato passata and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions.
- Drain spaghetti. Toss spaghetti through the Bolognese sauce.
Serve with parmesan and fresh basil leaves.