Pork Spaghetti Bolognese
Great recipe the whole family will enjoy!
- 500g Pork Mince
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 750g jar tomato passata sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
- 400g spaghetti
- Serve with grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves.
Cooks in: 1 hr & 10 mins Prep time: 15 mins
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, celery and carrot. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Add pork mince and garlic. Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up any lumps, for 5 minutes or until mince changes colour.
- Stir in tomato paste and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato passata and bay leaves. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and simmer until sauce thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling water following packet directions.
- Drain spaghetti. Toss spaghetti through the Bolognese sauce.
Serve with parmesan and fresh basil leaves.