Pork Swedish Meatballs
Try something a little different and easy to make!
- 500g Pork Mince
- 1/3 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tbs cream
- 1 small brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbs finely chopped dill
- ½ tsp allspice
- 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 40g butter
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1 ½ cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup cream
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- Serve with extra chopped dill, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.
Cooks in: 20 mins Prep time: 25 mins
- To make the pork meatballs, combine breadcrumbs and cream in a large bowl and stand for 5 minutes.
- Add pork mince, onion, garlic, dill, allspice and egg yolk. Season with salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Roll mixture into 16 meatballs and place onto a tray. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Transfer to a plate. Wipe the pan clean using paper towel and tongs.
- Add butter to the pan and heat over medium heat.
- Stir in flour and cook, stirring constantly, until pale brown. Gradually whisk in the stock until smooth.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened.
- Add pork meatballs and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
- Stir in cream and mustard.
Serve with chopped dill, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.