Stir-Fried Beef with Asian Greens & Cashews
This healthy Beef stir-fry is a quick and easy mid- week meal.
- 700g Rump Steak
- 450gm fresh hokkien thin noodles
- 80ml peanut oil
- 1 red onion cut into wedges
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2cm piece ginger, peeled & grated finely
- 200g shitake mushrooms trimmed
- 60ml Chinese rice wine
- 2 bunches buk choy, trimmed & quartered lengthwise
- 2 bunches pak choy, trimmed & quartered lengthwise
- 1 packet baby corn, halved lengthwise
- 50g roasted cashews
- Sliced chillies & coriander leaves, to serve
- BEEF MARINADE
- 60ml tbs soy sauce
- 60ml sweet soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tps sesame oil
- 2 tsp corn flour
Cooks in: 15 mins
- Prepare fresh hokkien noodles according to manufacturers instructions.
- To marinate beef, whisk soy sauces, satay paste, sesame oil and flour together in a large bowl. Add beef and toss well to coat. Marinate for 25 minutes before cooking. Drain beef well and keep drained marinade. Heat 2 tablespoons of peanut oil in a large wok over high heat. Add beef and stir-fry for 3 minutes until bowned and just cooked. Set aside.
- Heat remaining oil in large wok, over high heat, add onion, garlic, ginger and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes or until onions and mushrooms have softened. Add reserved marinade and Chinese rice wine with Asian greens and baby corn. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until Asian greens have wiltered and corn is just cooked. Add beef and any beef juices with noodles and stir-fry for a further 2 minutes until noodles have warmed through.
- Divide Stir-fry among plates and scatter with roasted cashews. Serve with sliced chilli.
Make sure stir-fry strips are cut in even lengths & thickness to ensure even cooking.