Jalapeno, Lime & Honey Lamb Shoulder Tacos
Get the crowd together for a taco party with this melt in your mouth lamb recipe.
- 1400g Lamb Forequarter Roast
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapenos seeded, finely chopped
- zest and juice of 2 limes
- 2 tbs honey
- 1/2 bunch coriander leaves and stems, finley chopped
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed cored, thinly sliced, fronds reserved
- 1/2 green cabbage, finely shredded
- soft tacos
- lemon edges
- coriander leaves
- garlic aioli
Cooks in: 180 mins Prep time: 15 min
- Preheat oven to 180oC (160o fan-forced).
- In a medium bowl combine olive oil, garlic, jalapenos, half the lime zest and juice, honey and coriander, season. Make small incisions in the lamb with a sharp knife, pour over marinade and rub to coat. Place lamb in a large roasting pan, pour stock around base and cover tightly with foil.
- Cook in oven for 2 1/2 to 3 hours, or until meat is tender and falling off bone. Set aside to rest for 20 minutes. Shred lamb with 2 forks. Drizzle with any pan juices, drained of fat.
- Meanwhile place fennel, fronds, cabbage, onions, remaining lime zest and juice and extra coriander in a large bowl. Season and toss to coat.
- Serve on tacos with coleslaw aioli and lime wedges.