Herb, Panko & Parmesan Crusted Chump Chops
Using the fresh herbs in this meal, adds to a very tasty dish.
- 200g Lamb Chump Chops
- 3/4 cup plain flour seasoned with salt & pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups panko crumbs
- 1/2 finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
Cooks in: 30 mins Prep time 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 180 degreees. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Place the flour, eggs, and breadcrumbs into 3 separate shallow bowls. Add the parmesan and herbs to the breadcrumbs and season with salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
- Dip each chop in the flour to coat, followed by the egg wash, then the breadcrumbs, pressing to coat each chop. Set aside on a plate.
- Preheat half the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Cook the chops, in batches, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side until lightly golden brown, adding extra oil as necessary. Drain chops on a board lined with kitchen paper. Transfer to the prepared baking tray.
- Cook the chops in the oven for a further 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
Serve the the chops, together with some char-grilled vegetables and lemon wedges or a simple mixed leaf & baby rocket salad works perfectly.
For a spicy twist, you can add 1 tablespoon of Cajun seasoning to the flour before coating the chops.