Lamb Mini Roast with Smashed Pumpkin & Snake Beans
The mixed spice can be substituted with ground cumin or coriander for a different flavour. Other root vegetables like, turnips, swedes, sweet potatoes make a great accompaniment to this roast.
- 2 Lamb Mini Roast
- 5 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 garlic bulb, cloves separated and bruised
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- 500g butternut pumpkin, seeded, peeled, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 400g snake beans, trimmed, cut into 10cm pieces
- Minted yoghurt (optional), to serve
- 1/2 tsp mixed spice
Cooks in: 30 mins Prep time: 20 mins
- Preheat oven to 200c. To roast lamb, scatter rosemary, thyme and cloves over the base of a roasting pan. Place mini roasts on top of herb mixture and rub pepper over the top of each roast. Roast on bottom shelf of oven for 30 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Rest, covered loosely with foil and rest for 10 minutes before carving to serve.
- Place pumpkin, oil and spice in a medium roasting pan and toss to coat. Roast on top shelf of oven, tossing occasionally for 20 minutes or until tender and slighly caramelised. Using a large fork, roughly smash pumpkin.
- Meanwhile, cook snake beans in a saucepan of boiling water for 3 minues or until cooked but still a little crunchy and drain.
- To serve, divide smashed pumpkin amoung four plates, top with snake beans and sliced lamb. Serve with minted yoghurt on the side.