Slow Cooker Italian Style Pork Cutlets
Tasty and hearty meal. Easy to prepare. Serve with creamy potato mash and garnish with fresh thyme
- 1000g Pork Cutlets
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tbs butter
- 1 brown onion, cut into wedges
- 400gms can whole tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme and extra for garnish
- 3/4 cup kalamata olives
Cooks in: 2 hours 10 min Prep time: 15 mins
- Place flour onto a plate and season with salt and pepper. Lightly dust the pork with flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil and butter in a large frypan over medium heat. Add pork and cook, turning once, for 5 minutes until evenly browned.
- Transfer pork to a slow cooker
- Add onion to the pan and cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes or until softened and transluscent.
- Add tomatoes, stock, thyme and olives to the pan. Cover and bring to the boil.
- Pour tomato mixture over the pork in the slow cooker. Stir to combine and cook on high for 2 hours or until very tender.