Baked Chicken with Thyme & Sage Butter
The stuffing butter and herbs under the chicken skin makes for a very tasty dish - serve it at your next dinner party.
- 800g Chicken Breast Fillets
- 80g butter, softened
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tsp finely chopped fresh sage leaves
- 1 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 100g green beans, trimmed, halved
- 1 small butter lettuce, leaves separated and torn
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- WHITE BALSAMIC DRESSING
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbs white balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chives
Cooks in: 30 mins Prep time: 1 hr
PLEASE NOTE: When selecting your fresh meat products allow between 200-250gms per Chicken Breast Fillet, if unsure please let us know the number of chicken fillets required by placing a comment in the order section.
- Place butter, thyme, sage and parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Mix well. Using your fingers, gently loosen chicken skin on each piece of chicken. Push butter mixture under skin. Place chicken on a large plate. Cover. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until butter is firm.
- Preheat oven to 220°C/200°C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Place chicken on tray. Spray with oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Baste chicken with pan juices. Bake for a further 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Place beans in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 1 tablespoon cold water. Cover. Microwave on high (100%) for 1 minute or until tender. Drain. Refresh under cold water. Drain.
- Make white balsamic dressing: Place oil, vinegar and chives in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine.
- Place lettuce, cucumber, beans and radish in a bowl. Drizzle over dressing. Toss to combine.