Garlic & Beer Beef (Asado) Short Ribs
The ribs can be roasted in a BBQ. Preheat the BBQ to 200ºC. Place the foil covered beef pan in the centre of the BBQ. Turn the burners directly under the meat off. The remaining burners are left on to conduct and circulate the heat around the roast. Roast for 3 hours or until tender and golden. • You can use any beer you prefer for the ribs. • May be served with a tasty potato mash.
- 1300g Asado Beef Spare Ribs
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 long green chilies, sliced
- 330 ml bottle of beer
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsely leaves
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon rind
- Crusty bread and mixed salad leaves, to serve
Cooks in: 3 hrs Prep time: 15 mins
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place the beef short ribs in a large roasting pan. Add onion, chilli, beer, garlic, honey, mustard and rosemary. Season with salt and pepper. Turn beef short ribs in mixture to coat.
- Cover pan with foil. Roast for 3 hours or until tender and golden.
Sprinkle with combined the parsley and rind. Serve beef short ribs and pan juices with crusty bread and mixed salad.